Saturday, December 18, 2010

Picture Perfect

Tis' the season to eat, drink and be fabulous in every aspect concerning you!  Take a look at Christine Mazzamauro and Melissa Thouas respectively, showing off their lovely faces at one of their Christmas parties for this season.

Christine Mazzamauro - Photo by Anthony Pedicelli

Melissa Thouas - Photo by Anthony Pedicelli


Again, I find myself in this situation where it does not seem like they are wearing any make up. However, I'm sure if you did ask them, they would vouch for me or you can always take my word for it lol. Anywho, back to business and let's focus on their faces!

Christine has this beautiful olive skin and it was really important to me to keep that warmth in her face. Sometimes, I find with this complexion is easily washed out because the wrong foundation or too much foundation was used. Luckily for me, since I consider myself a bit of a mad scientist, I blend different colors until I get a perfect match.

I had an amazing time doing her make up, like AMAZING. Not only is she stunning, she has the personality to match! Best of all, her reaction when I was finished doing her look was such a humbling moment for me. It's an amazing feeling to see someone genuinely love the way they look and then be able to say "I was a part of that".

Melissa was a lot of fun too, especially since we work together (when I'm not doing make up, I actually do the merchandising for an electronic store); she finally had an opportunity to see me at my craft. What was really important about her look was addressing her needs. She does not like a lot of make up on her face nor anything too loud. For some people that is a challenge, but for me it's great since it fits my philosophy! You really do not have to wear a lot of make up to look picture perfect. The most important thing is how and where you apply it.

Her reaction was great too. Since we normally see each other in our awesome uniforms (slight sarcasm lol), it was one of the rare opportunities to break the norm and see a more sophisticated look on her. On top of that, I had the opportunity to hear other people's reaction to her look, which was really flattering as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment