Friday, November 18, 2011

The Naked Truth

The beauty of IMATS (International Makeup Artist Trade Show) is not only about finding great deals from your favorite makeup brands but discovering new products you normally wouldn't take a look at.  This is my reality, and I am SO HAPPY that I stumbled upon this beauty find.  Allow me to introduce you to Naked Advance Skin Cream, your skin will love you for it ;) .

See, I love it so much that one of my travel size jars is almost finished!

If you never heard of the brand, Naked Cosmetics is a natural cosmetic line.  They use the highest cosmetic-grade of mica powders, does not test on animals, and does not add parabens.  In terms of the cream, which I will be focusing on, they leave out the "cheap" ingredients commonly found in lotion, like water, petroleum, and mineral oil.  This heavenly cream contains Aloe Vera, amino acids, vitamins and minerals, shea butter, as well as organic oils.  It also contains a special grade of Algae that helps heal the skin, but the real magic happens with Manuka honey.

Unlike other honeys, Manuka honey contains an extra active ingredient that helps maintain it's health benefits, which is normally lost when exposed to heat and light.  What are the benefits? Hold on to your seats, because this will blow your mind; well it did for me at least hehe.  It has anti-inflammatory, anti viral, anti bacterial and anti fungal powers.  Nope, I'm not making this up.  A study conducted by a renowned biochemist at Ottawa University found that Manuka honey is very powerful at destroying harmful bacteria while it helps restores good bacteria in the human body.  It's been clinically proven to cure wounds, infections and other skin conditions (see other studies here).  By the way, it was also recently approved by the FDA as a healing device, just food for thought =) .

Naked Advance Skin Cream

Although no guarantee, many people have claimed that Manuka honey has helped reduce or even eliminate their acne.  They did use it in it's natural state, however that did get messy lol.  Imagine honey dripping all over the place as you try to give yourself a facial or trying to get it off of you??  Anywho, it appears that the Manuka honey helps draw out impurities in the skin, and stimulates the growth of new cells, which helps fasten wound closure.

Truth be told, when I learned about all this good stuff, I was still hesitant but decided to give it a try.  Primarily because my skin has a hard time healing.  For instance, I was bitten by a spider last week and had an allergic reaction to it; my wrist ended up swelling to the size of the rest of my arm.  On top of that, where I was bitten wasn't healing properly, it still looked raw.  As soon as I used a bit of the Naked advance skin cream on the bites, I noticed that the redness was going down and by the next day it was starting to flatten out.

I also like that I don't have to reapply each time I wash my hands.  The moisture maintains after quite a few washes.  More importantly, I was able to use this cream on my face.  My skin is super sensitive and normally does not react well to new products.  For instance, I recently tried a cream from Neutrogena.  Sadly, it made my face feel like it was on fire.  I had to wash everything off right away, but that burning sensation lasted for at least an hour- no bueno.  

Overall, my skin feels softer and I do notice my wounds, or bites I should say, are actually healing properly.  Naked Advance Skin Cream was definitely a great buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment