Thursday, March 17, 2011

Painting Update

So tack on an additional 4 hours to this massive painting and an easel to help my back out; I am now offically two thirds of the way done (insert mini victory dance here)!  It is a serious piece for my novice skills, but I am looking forward to completing it.

One step closer to finishing!
So I needed a small break from this lovely piece and was given the perfect opportunity to step away from it, for just a little bit.  One of my closest friends asked me to make a painting for her mother's birthday.  Initally it was suppose to be a surprise but long story short, forgetting to change the subject header from one of the emails leaked the surprise hahaha.

The beginning process

Ready to be framed
Essentially, her mother really loved the home work exercise I did in class on a 5 by 7 canvass.  Her gift is about three times that size, 16 by 20 inches.  What's great about a larger canvass, it's almost like the details have room to breath; making the motion more evident and clear.  There is also a lot more space to blend and experiment with color!! 

Truthfully speaking, this style of painting has been my favorite so far.  However, I am still in the learning process and need to keep an open mind to what my class has in-store for me.  I did learn a new technique but have yet to attempt it.  Here's a hint for what to expect next: underlying painting. Confused? I guess you'll just have to wait until I do my homework and share the explanation ;) .

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Janet wth how many other hidden talents do you have! Keep it up <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF? You're AMAZING! Love these!

    ReplyDelete